At Bevington, high importance is placed upon Physical Education. Each pupil from Reception through to Year 6 receives two and a half hours high quality Physical Education per week. Physical
Education lessons are taught by subject specialist qualified Physical Education teachers.
All classes from Reception upwards are timetabled for weekly PE lessons, led by a specialist PE teacher/PE HLTA. We also have a specialist dance teacher who works with each class through the year. Year 3 and 4 classes also have swimming at the recently refurbished Kensington Leisure Centre.
Children from Bevington engage with local fixtures and attend sports festivals in the local area. There is a yearly Sports Day for all Key Stages which takes place in the Summer Term. Children in each class are chosen as Sports Ambassadors to promote PE through the school.
The aims of Physical Education at Bevington Primary School are:
- That all pupils experience a wide ranging and diverse Physical Education curriculum.
- Promote the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle and highlight the benefits of physical activity on the body.
- Provide extra-curricular opportunities for pupils to pursue their interests in sport and physical activity.
- Develop student’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural experiences through a variety of sporting activities and competitive experiences.
- Enable pupils to work independently and as part of a team in varied activities.
- To establish and develop community with sporting agencies where pupils can further participate and fulfil their sporting potential.
- Demonstrate the benefits that Physical Education can have upon the wider curriculum.
Please see our Curriculum progression for PE:
For outdoor games, children need to wear trainers/plimsolls, appropriate clothing i.e. T-shirt, tracksuit bottoms/shorts. This P.E. kit should be kept in a bag and is taken home to be washed at the end of each half term. Long hair should be tied back and no jewellery should be worn. Only stud earrings should be worn to school, and these must be removed for PE.
Our school PE Kit is available to order through our School Uniform provider, School Trends
PE and Sports Premium
As a school, we receive a PE and Sports Premium which must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
We use our Premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Details of how we spent our PE and Sports Premium in 2015/16 can be found here:
Information on participation in PE and Sport at Bevington over the last two years can be found here: